Wednesday 7 November 2018

Introduction of Sofia


My name is Sofia Leinonen. I’m studying social work in Centria university of applied sciences in Ylivieska. I come from the city of Oulu, Finland. I’m applying as an exchange student to VIVES University of Applied Sciences in Kortrijk, Belgium.

I'm participating in S.P.A.C.E.-programme: Social Pedagogical Art & Creativity Exploration, which is a 5-month course for international students on art and creativity in social sector. The programme will include a mix of theory and practice, class work and individual work. I will explore artistic workshops for people with disabilities, socio-artistic practices in neigbourhoods and creative expression as an alternative way of communication.

I'm looking forward to gain new experiences on my field of study. I wish to to develop my skills combining creativity to social work. On my practical trainings I’ve worked with teenagers in a youth centre and socially challenged young adults in a workshop therapy. Therefore I have had a chance to utilize my creativity in my practical trainings and believe that time in student exchange would offer me new perspectives to social work.


No comments:

Post a Comment