Wednesday 15 March 2017

Introduction - Linda Krokfors

My name is Linda Krokfors and I work at Centria. I am an international cordinator, which means that I work with exchange studies from different aspects. I promote exchange studies and internships and teach all first year students about global competence and how to develop global competence. 

I have been on exchange 4 times. First time as a 17 year old to the US for a year. Second time as a Uni student to the Netherlands. Third and fourth times were internships in Peru and Venezuela. These experiences have shaped my world view, as well as personality. They have also developed my language skills. I have 4 active languages and have studied 10.

This course is about the core of my work. Guiding you with practical aspects about exchange, but foremost, guiding you in your intercultural development process. Opening the door for you, if you let me. 

I strongly believe that preparing for a period abroad is necessary. Yes, you can land of your both feet if you are dropped into a new country, but will you know where you should start walking?

I'm very exited about the course and am looking forward to working with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment