Sunday 26 August 2018

         D-I-E AUSTRIA
      1. DESCRIBE:
      When I first came to Austria, there are a lot of new things that I need to adapt. One of the things that I feel shocked and little bit uncomfortable in my daily life is people here they prefer using cash more than credit card. I have been warning since the day that we have orientation day and yes it is true.

      2. INTERPRET: 
_    In small store, they only take cash but in the super market they can take both credit card and cash. Of course I will feel a little bit uncomfortable in my daily life. Because in Finland, credit card applied every where, even the laundry room. In my doom in Austria, we have to use exactly 2*50 cents to be able to use the washing machine and dry machine. One more thing, here they use 1 cent, 2 cent in normal life. If you buy anything that costs like 2,98 Euro, they will give you back 2 cents if you pay them 3 Euro.  It really different compared to Finland.

      3. EVALUATE: 
     For me, this experience is not that bad. Because I come from Vietnam, we use a lot of cash instead of credit card, so I am used to it. However, i live in Finland for 3 years then I have to change my habit when I was in Austria. In my conclusion, this experience is not that bad and I can adapt it easily.

1 comment:

  1. I had the same experience in Bulgaria, and it took a while to get used to having cash all the time. Luckily there was an ATM downstairs of our apartment! :) But yeah, it is an adjustment, to pay for everything in cash. :)

    ReplyDelete