Sunday 26 August 2018

UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES UPPER AUSTRIA, HAGENBERG CAMPUS

1. In what country and University are you studying? /

_ Hello everyone, me and my friend Linh, we have been in Austria for around 5 months for exchange study. Our university in Austria is Upper Austria University of Applied Sciences · Hagenberg Campus.



2. In what Study program are you studying at Centria?
_I am currently studying Information Technology in Centria.

3. What are the courses like at the host University? or What has your work placement been like?
_There are many interesting courses in my host University, for example: Generative Art, Online Multimedia, Usability and Interaction Design, Software Android...

4. Describe the study culture? / What is the corporate culture like?
_I am very impressed by the study culture in my host university. For example: Most of students are very focus and active in the school lesson but they don’t use phone much in class. Students here are very good and they work very hard. I really like teachers in my university, they care about students, funny and very helpful.



5. What is your study group like?
_Very diverse. Most of them is Austria but there are few exchange students from many countries. 


6. Please describe what the everyday life is like in your host country? What do you like in particular?
_It is really an amazing experience for my study life. In my semester, there are also 9 exchange students from different countries. We are very close and spend time after school for many activities. Table soccer, table tennis, bar night, spaghetti night (only 1 € per dish).
- Bar Night -
_ In the beginning, I don't feel that I will love this school that much. However, after few weeks, I discovered the awesomeness of this university. There are a lot of activity for students. For example: cocktail night on Monday, spaghetti night on Tuesday, table soccer, table tennis, gym for free in the dorm, summer festival and last but not least festival in school every 2 weeks. 

-Table Soccer Time-


- Running For Charity -

_Sometimes, international students hold party or birthday party together. When we about to leave, they also made farewell party for us.


- Farewell Party -
_The school staffs are very supportive and kind. They are always help you as much as they can. In the hardware room, students can borrow laptop, monitor... Me and my friend Linh, got for each of us, 1 Ailenware and 1 Macbook Pro. Sound crazy, right? J

7. What has been challenging? Why? 
_There are few challenges in my exchange study time, for example: there are not a lots of supermarkets here and only 3 Vietnamese students in Hagenberg. The expensive market is near the dorm but the cheaper market is quite far and we have to walk there. 

    -Me, Linh and Du in Hagenberg (3 Vietnamese Student In Hagenberg) -

8. What has been the highlight of your exchange so far?


_This is of course the most memorable time of my life. I made a lot of friends, spent good times there and most important thing is I have learnt a lots there.

-With Shievam (one of our best friend there) -

-Spending time with each other -


-Miss you Linda-

-Our beloved captain Giuliano-


      -Thank you Hagenberg!-

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad you had a good time in Austria. Even though there are not many exchange students in your university, I can feel the bond between you guys and local students seems so nice as well

    ReplyDelete