Monday 10 September 2018

D-I-E USA


1. DESCRIBE:

One instance was when Spring break came, and everybody left school to go on a vacation, but I stayed at the dorm during the break. There were couple of us that stayed there, but most of the students were gone during that week.

2. INTERPRET:


Most who left were from other states or cities, or they just had planned other vacation plans. I know that at least couple guys from our corridor left to have a vacation near a beach so they could just relax on the beach, but there were so many people around the US and world that they left for their home or just sightseeing. I had made plans of having couple adventures in Arkansas, so I decided to stay.


3. EVALUATE:

I felt it was similar to our ‘hiihtoloma’ in spring. Actually, it was almost at the same time, too. In Finland many people during the time off go back to their parents or have a vacation abroad or just go sightseeing around the country. What I heard from other peoples’ plans, their plans were similar to what people here would do during their vacation; going to the beach, visiting parents and other relatives, going on a cruise, things like that. Some also just worked during that time, which is also what I can imagine lots of people doing in Finland.


Lobby which normally is full of people

Afternoon outside my dorm

No comments:

Post a Comment