Thursday 12 October 2017

Letter home - Sointu

1. In what country and University are you studying?
- I'm studying in La Rochelle, France. The University is Groupe Sup de Co La Rochelle, or La Rochelle Business School.

2. In what Study program are you studying at Centria?
- In Centria I'm studying Business Administration.

3. What are the courses like at the host University?
- So far I've been studying French, International strategic management and Cost and budgeting management. The courses have been interesting.

4. Describe the study culture?
- Studies include lectures. In addition to that we have case studies to solve and discuss, and scheduled e-learning. And of course homework.

5. What is your study group like?
- The study groups have been nice. The groups are not too massive and are generally calm.

6. Please describe what the everyday life is like in your host country? What do you like in particular?
- The everyday life is quite similar to Finland. Maybe the most noticeable difference is lunchtime. People take time for lunch. Around 12 to 14 o'clock most of the offices etc. are closed. And the cheek kisses as greeting. La Rochelle is a nice coastal town. I like the atmosphere here.

7. What has been challenging? Why?
- I'd say the most challenging part was the beginning; getting an apartment and all the paperwork sorted out. Luckily I got help and things are getting easier as I get to know the language and culture more and more.

8. What has been the highlight of your exchange so far?
- I can't really choose one particular thing. I'd say the highlight so far has been getting to know more about the city, country and the language.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, it's so lovely to hear that you have real lunch there! In here, there isn't even restaurants opened during luch time. The Dutch people just take a sandwhich from home and eat it quickly on their desk. I really miss Finnish lunch culture :D I am getting used to this though, but sometimes it results to eating some junk food right after getting out from school when I get too hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you are enjoying life in La Rochelle. Coastal area are always beautiful. I am living in Madrid and longing to see the sight of sea. And here they do Cheek-kissing for greeting too, and I looked wierd when I raised my hand for shake when met someone. Was awkward in the beginning, now im getting used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be more great if we can see few pictures from your adventure! :D

    ReplyDelete