Wednesday 27 March 2019

Letter Home - InnsbruckEnvi



Letter- Home  - Innsbruck, Austria


Hello Everyone, My name is Prakash Pandey and I am from Nepal. I have been studying Bachelor of Engineering, Environmental Chemistry and Technology in Centria  UAS since 2015. I was on Exchange study in the Management Center Innsbruck, Austria. I was studying a Bachelor of Science, Environmental Process and Energy Engineering for a year in Austria. The curriculum in the host university was filled with a bunch of technical courses while a few were business and cultural courses.

The host university used a traditional type of teaching methods where most of the lecture is occupied with contact lesson. Almost every lecture was based on calculations rather than the theory and presentation. The professors were using the German symbols and notations during calculations and it was a bit difficult to understand in the beginning. I found the gap between the teachers and students and was quite difficult to communicate. Even some local students find difficulty in sharing their problems with teachers. There was a kind of stress and pressure about exams because exams were most difficult.

However, later on after a semester in host university, I was used to the system. I was familiar with the local students and the class turned out to be like as if I am with my high school buddies. They made me familiar with the learning techniques and exams preparation methods. Apart from my studies, I spent most of my time cooking with other international students at my dorm and learned a couple of recipes from Thailand, Korea, Japan, India, and Austria. This was the most interesting part of my exchange. 





No comments:

Post a Comment