Monday 8 October 2018

D-I-E Poland

Assingment (2) during exchange - Describe - Interpret - Evaluate:

 

1. DESCRIBE:

  

In my exchange period, there's no such a situation that confused me. However I will tell a story that I find it quite interesting and a little bit weird at first. As we all know, the World cup was held on last summer , my friends and I went to the city center to watch the matches. And funny story when I was preparing to come back home, 1 Polish guy looked at me and said shit words, his crew also glanced at me and show their dirty finger.
I just didn't get it at all and my friends told me to be back, dont care about that bull***t. Then I left because the match also ended, suddenly I met an old man, I think he's Polish cause he came into me and spoke a lot in Polish with happy mood, like he's so exited to meet me. After that he made a handshake with me and left, didnt forget saying goodbye to me.
And then I was really confused what happened.

 

 2. INTERPRET:


Firstly, when the young crew seem hate me, I thought they're just racists. Or maybe because Poland lost that match to Japan so they hate any Asian guys. However when the old man come, I was in a crying state.
I just smiled after the old man leaving. Finally, when I met my Polish friend, she explained anything. It's mainly because I was wearing a Polish football team scarf but there're actually  2 teams in my city so the old man is fan of the team whose scarf I wore and the young boys are the fan of the other team :> 

 

3. EVALUATE:


Eventually, I think that people there just too crazy about football. They love the sport so much that sometimes too overreacting but that's also very cute in some angle, they show their feeling like a kid, so emotional and naturally.
If I was a member of the host, I'll notice the newcomers about this because it might be a fight if you cant control your temper. Anyway, it's unforgettable memory.

1 comment:

  1. I love the story, like how sport can connect people but sometimes it gets aggressive with the wrong people. It was actually a bit funny one for me.

    ReplyDelete