Tuesday 19 December 2017

Home-University of Lodz

1. In what country and University are you studying? /
Where are you doing your internship?

University of Lodz.  Fujitsu, Lodz

2. In what Study program are you studying at Centria?

I study Information Technology.

3. What are the courses like at the host University? or What has your work placement been like?

There are lots of courses to choose. As am an exchange student, you are allowed to choose courses from all the faculties (but most from your own faculty).

4. Describe the study culture? / What is the corporate culture like?

Teachers are quite helpful. I feel welcome in Poland.

5. What is your study group like?

There was no certain group to join, and I could choose most of the courses according to my interest.

Also, there were different types, of course, I could choose. I had a lecture with about 200 students in the auditorium. Also, I had a one-to-one tutorial course (only lecturer and me). However, I had the most course with about 10 students.

I had courses with exchange students only if the course was designed for exchange programs, and I had the rest of course with local students.

6. Please describe what the everyday life is like in your host country? What do you like in particular?

There are supermarkets, restaurants, cafe, pub, library around dorm so I spent most of my time on campus. Also, the dorm is quite close to the faculty (less than 10 mins by walking) so I could sleep more in the morning.

7. What has been challenging? Why? 

I found a part-time internship at Fujitsu, Lodz as a software developer in the second semester so I was very busy. I sometimes didn’t have enough time to sleep even. 

8. What has been the highlight of your exchange so far?

Thanks to the exchange studies and internship, I am more confident about my future now. I improved both English and IT skills.





No comments:

Post a Comment