Wednesday 21 March 2018

Introduction - Diego Villegas

La Rochelle, France.

My name is Diego, I am 24 years old. I am currently studying business administration and soon I will be doing my exchange at La Rochelle Business School in France. My expectations according to the university are great, because I hope that the level of demand is greater than what I am now accustomed to. This is because I would like to be able to experience the different ways of working in different countries and cultures. According to my friends; French students in Centria university, the way of studies and the rhythm the have in France is different to the one's in the educational system here in Finland. But the way of working and doing things it's similar to what I was used to in my home country, Mexico. 

I previously had the opportunity to live in France and learn about the culture and way of living in different parts of the country, for this reason I am looking to pay more attention to the details of daily life in French society, especially when doing business. I am also interested in my knowledge of the French language and to improve the relationships I have with old friends who live in the country and who are in the same line of studies as me. On the other hand, as I mentioned in my motivational letter to make my exchange. Before studying business administration, I studied international relations, and the topic of multiculturalism in different countries has always been of my interests, now more focused on doing business or working in a multicultural markets.

I believe my life and time in France will be pleasant, and it will be great to be back to a country that gave me so much years ago. I go there with a different vision and perspective. La Rochelle is a unknown place for me but I believe is going to be peaceful and interesting. 

The idea that La Rochelle is a city with a big population of students motivate me to open in an easier way to the new life there. Is not always easy when there are not people with similar ideas, backgrounds or lifestyles, but the student aspect make everything a lot easier.  


No comments:

Post a Comment